Registration and Transfers

The Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB) welcomes you and your child to our school board!

We celebrate the unique contributions of each child and work every day to cultivate an environment that values imagination and innovation. We guide and support our students so that they are prepared for the the world ahead of them!

How to Register a Student New to the RCDSB

Registration is now easier and quicker than ever before! 

Please click on the School Locator button to find schools available for the 2020-2021 school year for your home address

School Locator

Use the Register Online button below to register your child for school from a desktop computer, laptop or Chromebook.

*Update* Online registration is now available

Register Online

Aspen SIS OBC Online Registration Instruction Guide

If you are interested in licensed child care, be sure to also fill out the School Based Extended Day Program Family Survey that is at the end of the online registration form. 

Our schools are now registering students for the 2020-2021 school year. Contact your home school to complete the registration process or contact the RCDSB Board Office at 613-735-0151 ext. 2271. Follow the link to obtain contact information for RCDSB schools.

Required Documentation for Students New to RCDSB Schools

  • Completed, signed, and dated Student Registration Form
  • Proof of address (home phone/cable/internet bill) or proof of tenancy/ownership (Ontario Property Assessment Notice or lease agreement or property tax bill)
  • Proof of Student's Age (birth certificate, registration of birth card or passport)
  • Student's immunizations records (for Kindergarten registration only).  Immunization Questionnaire (this form must be printed and filled out in ink)
  • Student's immunization records.  Student's entering from outside Renfrew County should contact the Renfrew County and District Health Unit at (613) 735-8666 or visit their Pembroke office at 7 International Drive.
  • Proof of custody where applicable (custody orders, court ordered Guardianship)
  • Immigration documents where applicable
  • School documents - recent report card or school leaving certificate (elementary and secondary only)
  • Transcript (for secondary school students)

How to Transfer Students to a RCDSB School

To transfer an existing RCDSB student to another school within our board or re-register a student who previously attended a RCDSB school:

  • During the school year please contact the school principal.
  • During summer months complete and return (email, fax, letter mail or in person) the Student Registration Form to our Administration Office at 1270 Pembroke St. West, Pembroke / 613-735-0151 ext. 2271. Summer hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 
  • Bring required documents (as specified above) to your school to finalize the registration process
  • Notify the Renfrew County and District Health Unit by calling 613-735-8666

Once registration is complete, parents/guardians are invited to contact the school principal to discuss the first day of school.

School Supplies

What does my child need on their first day? Great question! We've compiled a list of supplies for elementary and secondary levels that serves as a good start. In no way, shape or form do we expect that you purchase all the items on the list; we recommend buying a few items and then speaking with your child's teacher to identify what specific supplies are required. 


The district supports an orientation program for all students as they transition from an elementary school into a secondary school within the RCDSB. We also support students moving from elementary school junior level programs to schools within the RCDSB that offer intermediate level courses. For more information on orientation, read our Administrative Procedure 301 - Orientation of Students.

Admission of Students

Students may be admitted to RCDSB schools according to the Education Act and Administrative Procedure 300 - Admission of Non-Board Students.

Additional Information