Registration and Transfers
The Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB) welcomes you and your child to our school board!
We celebrate the unique contributions of each child and work every day to cultivate an environment that values imagination and innovation. We guide and support our students so that they are prepared for the the 21st century.
How to Register a Student New to the RCDSB
Registration is now easier and quicker than ever before. Use our online registration application to register your child for school.
All RCDSB schools are now registering students for the 2017-2018 school year. Contact your home school to complete the registration process or you may contact the RCDSB Board Office at 613-735-0151 ext. 2271 during school closures. Follow the link to obtain contact information for RCDSB schools.
View our Find a School page
Required Documentation for Students New to RCDSB Schools
- Student Registration Form
- Proof of address (driver's licence, utility bill) or proof of tenancy/ownership (Ontario Property Assessment Notice or lease agreement)
- Proof of Student's Age (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, registration of birth card or passport)
- Student's immunizations records (for Kindergarten registration only). Immunization Questionnaire (this form must be printed and filled out in ink)
- Student's immunization records. Student's entering from outside Renfrew County should contact the Renfrew County and District Health Unit at (613) 735-8666 or visit their Pembroke office at 7 International Drive.
- Proof of custody where applicable (custody orders, court ordered Guardianship)
- Immigration documents where applicable
- School documents - recent report card or school leaving certificate (elementary and secondary only)
- Transcript (for secondary school students)
How to Transfer Students to a RCDSB School
To transfer an existing RCDSB student to another school within our board or re-register a student who previously attended a RCDSB school:
- During summer months complete and return (email, fax, letter mail or in person) the Student Registration Form to our Administration Office at 1270 Pembroke St. West, Pembroke / 613-735-0151 ext. 2271. Summer hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Bring required documents (as specified above) to your school to finalize the registration process
- During the school year please contact your school's administrator
- Notify the Renfrew County and District Health Unit by calling 613-735-8666
Your Child's First Day of School
Once records for registration are complete, you will arrange with the principal for the date your child can start school.
What does my child need on their first day? Great question! We've compiled a list of supplies for elementary and secondary levels that serves as a good start. In no way, shape or form do we expect that you purchase all the items on the list; we recommend buying a few items and then speaking with your child's teacher to identify what specific supplies are required.
The district supports an orientation program for all students proceeding from a feeder elementary school to a secondary school within the RCDSB. We also support students proceeding from elementary school junior level programs to a school within the RCDSB at the intermediate level. For more information on orientation, read our Administrative Procedure 301 - Orientation of Students (PDF, 21 kB).
Admission of Students
Students may be admitted to RCDSB schools according to the Education Act and Administrative Procedure 300 - Admission of Non-Board Students (PDF, 14 kB).