Transcripts and Diplomas

The Ontario Student Record (OSR) is the record of a student's educational history and progress through schools in Ontario. The purpose of the OSR document is to improve learning, instruction and the overall education of pupils, and to provide for the safety of students and the school community.

The Education Act (265 (1) d) requires that the principal of a school collect information "for inclusion in a record in respect of each pupil enrolled in the school and to establish, maintain, retain, transfer and dispose of the record". The Act regulates access to the OSR.

Student records are maintained while a student is registered with any school in the Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB) and in accordance with the Ministry of Education retention period. All OSRs are held at the school last attended or forwarded to a receiving school in the case of school closure.

To protect the privacy of students and their families, the RCDSB and school staff are legally and ethically responsible for safeguarding student information. 

Ontario Student Transcript (OST) / Duplicate Diploma Requests 

At the conclusion of each year, a summary of courses attempted and credits gained is maintained in each student's Ontario Student Transcript (OST).

  • The OST reports the percentage obtained.
  • The OST is available for students and their parents/guardians to see on request.
  • When a student receives his/her diploma or decides to terminate his/her formal schooling, an OST is issued on request.
Full Disclosure

Full disclosure applies to all Grade 11 and 12 courses. Full disclosure means that if a student withdraws from, repeats or fails a Grade 11 or 12 course, it must be recorded on the OST.

  • Repeated Grade 11 and 12 courses both show on the transcript with their recorded mark; however, only one credit is granted and the lower mark has an "R" in the credit column.
  • Failed Grade 11 and 12 courses show on the OST.
  • Withdrawals from Grade 11 and 12 courses show on the OST, if they are dropped five instructional days after the first report card of the semester or later.
  • Withdrawals do not show if they are dropped before the five instructional days following the first report card.

Secondary schools will process requests for official transcripts and duplicate diplomas of students where the last school attended was a Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB) secondary school or adult learning centre.

Current RCDSB Students

If you are a current RCDSB secondary student, or the parent/guardian of a secondary school student who is not an adult (17 years of age of younger), please contact the student’s secondary school Student Services Department to request student records.

Former RCDSB Students

If you are a former RCDSB student and want to order official transcripts or a duplicate diploma, please complete the Ontario Student Transcript (OST) / Duplicate Diploma Request Form.  Send the completed form, payment and copy of government photo ID to the last RCDSB secondary school you attended.  Forms received without ID will not be processed until the ID is submitted.  The copy of your ID must be legible to be accepted. If submitting the form:

  • in person, please bring your ID with you;
  • via email, the ID can be sent as an attachment by scanning or taking a digital photograph;
  • via fax or ground mail, the ID must be photocopied in high contrast to be included with the request form.
Processing Fees and Times

Transcripts: Fee is $10.00 for the first copy, $5.00 for each additional copy.

On average, your OST will be issued within three to five business days (plus mailing time) after the request and payment is received.  However, if you left school before 1985, transcript records were not maintained electronically, therefore processing time takes longer, anywhere between 10 to 15 business days (plus mailing time) after the request and payment is received.


  1. Transcripts will indicate diploma award granted if applicable, as well as a list of courses and marks in accordance with the Ministry of Education guidelines.
  2. Unofficial transcripts (no signature nor school seal) can be faxed or emailed in an urgent/exigent situation, with the official hard copy issued to the requester by mail.

Diploma: Fee is $15.00.

A minimum of 15 business days (plus mailing time) after the request and payment is received.  (This timeline is dependent on receiving the diploma from the Ministry of Education which can sometimes take up to 8 weeks.)

Important Information
  • We cannot release any student information over the phone.
  • We cannot process a transcript request if the last secondary school or adult learning centre you attended was not with the RCDSB.
  • Student records are confidential. If the student is 18+ years of age (or 16 and 17 years of age and withdrawn from parental control), records can only be issued with written student consent.

Transcripts/Diploma Request Form

Transcripts Required for Post-Secondary Application in Ontario (OCAS/OUAC)

Ontario College Application Service (OCAS):

Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC):

Current students planning to attend college or university in Ontario, will receive information from their school’s Student Services Department on how to apply via a Post-Secondary Application Service (OCAS and/or OUAC). Transcript information is uploaded electronically to OCAS and/or OUAC by your school on your behalf. 

If you are a former student of the RCDSB applying online to an Ontario university or college through OCAS and/or OUAC, your transcript must be requested as part of the online registration process.

When registering on the OCAS and/or OUAC website, your transcript fee will be added to your application fee and will be processed via the payment options available (i.e. credit card).

Students who last attended school prior to 2002 will not have an OEN (Ontario Education Number). You will need to enter nine zeroes (000-000-000) in the OEN section, if you do not have an assigned number or if you do not know your OEN.

If you have just completed credits during summer school that you need to have reported to OCAS and/or OUAC, please contact the RCDSB Continuing Education Department and request that they send the marks on your behalf.

You will be able to track the on-line status of your application and transcript request through your OCAS and/or OUAC account.

Additional Resources

Below are links to additional resources with information on the topic referenced above. The RCDSB, other government departments (provincial or federal) or third-party organizations may provide these additional resources:

RCDSB School Contact Information

Arnprior District High School
59 Ottawa Street
Arnprior, ON K7S 1X2
T: 613-623-3183
F: 613-623-6973

Fellowes High School
420 Bell Street
Pembroke, ON K8A 2K5
T: 613-735-6858
F: 613-735-6850

Mackenzie Community School
87 Brockhouse Way
P.O. Box 397
Deep River, ON K0J 1P0
T: 613-584-3361
F: 613-584-1706

Madawaska Valley District High School
341 John Street
Barry's Bay, ON K0J 1B0
T: 613-756-3048
F: 613-756-1783

Opeongo High School
1990 Cobden Road
Douglas, ON K0J 1S0
T: 613-735-7587
F: 613-649-2633

Renfrew Collegiate Institute
184 Bonnechere Street South
Renfrew, ON K7V 1Z5
T: 613-432-4858
F: 613-432-7196

Valour JK-12 School
19 Leeder Lane
Petawawa, ON K8H 0B8
T: 613-687-2121
F: 613-687-2128

Continuing Education / Adult High Schools
480 Mary Street
Pembroke, ON K8A 5W9
T: 613-732-8105
F: 613-735-3219

For Closed Schools

    Champlain High School
contact Fellowes High School

General Panet High School (1991 or later)
contact Valour JK-12 School

General Panet High School (pre-1991)
contact Ministry of Education @ 416-325-2492

Pembroke Collegiate Institute
contact Fellowes High School